This Graphic Designer's ABCs...

As a graphic designer, we focus on making our clients look good and sometimes we neglect making sure we look good. Recently I've had several different people, in different conversations say to me, "I didn't know you could do that." When you've been doing graphic design, or any profession for a long time, apparently it's easy to forget that not everyone understands what you do.

The ABCs of Peggy Groves Design:
A Advertisements, Adobe software and art direction
B Billboards, blogs, business cards, brochures and branding   
C Concepts, catalogs, copy, coupons, Creative Suite, creative director
D Design, detail
E Emails, envelopes and eps
F Flyers and facebook 
G Greeting cards, google, graphics and GIFs
H Handbooks and handmade cards
I Illustrations, invitations, and iWork
J Jump through hoops and jpgs
K Knaack stuff
L Logos, letterhead, Live Save Share, local
M Magazines and marketing
N Newsletters
O Online ads
P Presentations, postcards, print-ready files, pdfs  
Q Quark
R Resource for retail, restaurant and real estate graphics
S Social media, signage and small business start-up design
T Templates
U Urban signage
V Vector art
W Window graphics and websites
X Extra attention to details 
Y Yard signs
Z Zip files

If you notice things that are missing from this list, please let me know!

One of the reasons this list was created involves my own mother. A few years ago, at Christmas time, she told me that she had a great picture from a glacier, a short poem and a paragraph about a trip that she and my dad had taken. She wanted to know how she could get all of those things on one card and asked me if I knew how she could do it. I told her I could do it for her and she was shocked! Although she had seen the ads, magazines, signage, etc that I had created over the years, she didn't know I could put a photo and poem on her Christmas card. What is obvious to us isn't always known to others.