Creating a Keynote Portfolio (And, Saving It as a Smaller PDF File)

...
Recently, I purchased iWork because I had a project to create a Keynote presentation for a client.

If you haven't tried it yet, Keynote is very user-friendly and has some clean, simple design
elements
. And, I've heard it works wonderfully on the iPad.

I decided to use Keynote for creating a portfolio of design projects. When I was finished with the design,
the file size was over 100 MB and I wanted to make it small enough to email to prospective clients.
In Keynote, you can export your file to pdf. Once it is a pdf, if it is still too large, you can reduce the
size on your mac by following these 5 easy steps:

1) Open your PDF file in the "Preview" application
2) Select "Save As" under "File"
3) Go to the "Quartz Filter" drop-down menu
4) Select "Reduce File Size"
5) Click "Save"








With these simple steps, you can reduce the file size drastically. My 100+ MB file was reduced to 11.5 MB by using this process.
To download a copy of my portfolio, you can click on the photo above or here.

If you need help working your way around Keynote, I recommend watching the video tutorials. They are very helpful.

Another great thing about Keynote, you can open Powerpoint files, edit them, and save them as Keynote or Powerpoint files.

If you have any questions or would like tips on creating your own Keynote portfolio, feel free to email me.